Monday, October 4, 2010

Test Him

In Malachi 3:10, God challenges us. He tells us to test Him and see if He doesn't throw open the flood gates of heaven. Although that particular verse is about tithing, I think it applies to every area of our lives. If we would turn "that" area of our lives (whatever "that" area is for you), He would blow our minds. The question is, are we going to let Him?

After reading this verse last week, I read a devotional story in which this statement was made: "Nobody asks to be tested unless they know they'll pass."

I was floored by how much was revealed to me through scripture and devotion that day.

Yesterday at church, a guest pastor preached on Joshua and his prayer to make the sun stand still. It got me thinking "do we realize that we serve the very same God who made the sun stand still?" If we do, how do we justify the box we keep Him in?

I don't know about you, but I've never prayed for something that HUGE. Sure, I've prayed for healing, I've prayed for other's salvation, and, in a sense, that's all the same as God making the sun stand still. But do you trust Him to do all the things you WISH you could do for Him?

Ask yourself, "what would I do if I knew I could not fail?"

Whatever your answer, that should be your sun stand still prayer to God. Test Him. Give Him a chance to do something so mighty nobody will be able to deny it was the work of God, even the non-believers.

I'm not talking about magic tricks here. Like, if you would sprout wings and fly across the earth if you knew you couldn't fail, I'm not quite sure how that would glorify God. But ask ANYTHING according to His will, and He will do it. So why don't you test Him?

Give Him a worthy challenge. Prove how mighty you believe He is by giving Him a challenge so big you will have to rely on Him because you couldn't possibly achieve it on your own.

Do you believe you serve the God who made the sun stand still? Then prove it.


1 comment:

  1. That's quite a challenge.

    I think Malachi 3:10 is about everything in our lives. It's just often used as if it were only about tithing.

    ReplyDelete